Welcome to the Emory Pre-College Program.
We are delighted that you selected the Emory Pre-College Program for your summer academic experience.
Before you arrive on campus, we have information that will help you with the planning. Please review each tab and let us know if you have any questions.
We look forward to meeting you!
Check-in and Orientation Schedule
All two- and three-week Pre-College students, both commuters and residential students, must arrive and attend orientation on the Sunday before their session begins.
|Session A||June 14||
|Session B||June 28||
Students must checkout of the residence halls by noon on the last day of their program.
Summer College (credit)
Summer College students are enrolled in a six week credit course with plans to commute to Emory's campus daily. The schedule above pertains to noncredit students only.
Mandatory orientation for six-week students is typically held in the Pre-College Program office on the first Tuesday of each session as specified below.
On Campus Orientation
SESSION 1 ORIENTATION: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
SESSION 2 ORIENTATION: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Communications will be emailed directly to all students enrolled in credit courses in order to schedule a specific orientation time.
Airport shuttles are available from/to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport for $25 one-way or $50 round trip.
- available on check-in and checkout dates only
- once fee is paid, it is non-refundable
- space is limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- The shuttle is not available if you are arriving/departing on other days or time - you will need to make your own arrangements to get to/from campus.
- On check-in days, shuttles will run from the airport to campus at 11 am, 12:30 pm and 2 pm. Plan to arrive by 1pm to make the last shuttle.
- On checkout days, shuttles will depart campus at 7 am, 9 am and 11 am. All students must depart the Residence Halls by noon. Specific shuttle times will be assigned to students depending on reservations.
Reserve the Airport Shuttle
Reservations are made through your application. Log in your application through the PORTAL.
The deadlines to make shuttle reservations are as follows:
- Session A: June 10th
- Session B and Institutes: June 24th
- Session C: July 8th
Taxi and Ride-Share
Click below for information on taxis and rideshare (Uber and Lyft) to and from the airport.
Driving Directions to Orientation
The residence hall address for check-in is Turman Hall, 640 Means Drive, Atlanta, GA, 30322
- Due to construction on campus, navigational systems may provide incorrect instructions to streets that cannot be accessed. Campus map will be available in June.
- We encourage all parents/guardians to drop off students with their luggage first at the residence hall then park. This will allow students to check-in and obtain their room assignment before you return.
Commuter Student Parking
Check-in and Orientation
Free parking is available in the Michael Street Parking deck on Orientation day ONLY.
Address: 550 Houston Mill Road, Atlanta, GA 30322
Once on Houston Mill Road, take first left onto Rollins Way and continue towards the blue banner for Visitor Parking.
Walking directions to Turman Hall: (4 minute walk) Go to Level 3 of the parking deck. Take the bridge to Whitehead Biomedical/1462 Building/Main Campus. Turn right to cross the next bridge that will take you across Eagle Row. Turman Hall is at the end of the bridge.
Our campus map shows the specific route. Also, here is a link to an interactive full campus map.